Mission & Purpose
The mission and purpose of the Bank is to contribute to the acceleration of the process of economic and social development of the member States and nations, individually and collectively, and to promote economic cooperation among them.
To implement its purpose, the Bank has the following functions:
- Promote the investment of public and private capital for development purposes.
- Mobilize within and outside the Micronesian region additional financial resources to support and facilitate its programs.
- Finance projects and programs contributing to the development of the Bank´s members.
- Encourage private investment in new projects, enterprises, and activities contributing to economic development and to supplement private investment when private capital is not available on reasonable terms and conditions.
- Provide technical assistance for the preparation, financing, and implementation of development plans and projects, public and private, including the study of priorities and the formulation of specific project proposals.
- Where appropriate, cooperate with national, regional and international organizations or other entities concerned with the development of member countries and States.
- Undertake such other activities and provide such other services that will advance its purpose.